If you are feeling lethargic or just not up to par, and are struggling with other problems such as acne, chronic pain, heartburn and other digestive issues, it may be time to try a body detox. Even if you’re simply overweight and/or addicted to eating the wrong types of food, a detox can go a long way to helping you get on the right track.
Many types of body detoxes have been around for a long time. In order to properly detox, no matter what type you choose to try, the important thing is to be mindful of what goes into your body. As well as that, take the time to get rest, meditate and/or pray, and incorporate slow and careful movements into your life such as yoga, Pilates or non-competitive walking or swimming.
When you detox your body by feeding it high nutrient-dense food, or even eliminating all food for a period of time, you help your body heal itself. Controlling exactly what you put into your body will help to rest your organs, stimulate the liver, promote elimination, improve circulation, and refuel the body with high nutrition. Here is what a detox can do:
* Increases Energy – If you want to bring back your energy, a detox may be in order. Improving the amount of vitamins you can get through your digestive system can have an amazing effect on your energy.
* Rids Body of Waste – When you detox, it gives digestion a break and enables your body to rid itself of extra waste that may be causing bloating or other problems. If you experience a lot of issues with elimination, a detox can help cure those problems.
* Boosts Weight Loss – Most people lose at least a few pounds during a detox, and a good detox can kick-start any weight loss diet. The main reason is that during a detox you usually eat fewer calories, salt, and other things that can cause bloating. It also helps you with the mental blocks that losing weight can bring up.
* Helps Increase Immunity – Anytime you can get more nutrients into your body in the form of natural substances, you will turn your immune system on stronger than ever. Most people who practice regular body detoxes are more aware of nutrition and proper vitamin intake than the general population.
* Mends Skin Problems – Skin problems can be caused by a whole host of toxins in food and in the environment. Slowing down digestion needs is a great way to redirect the natural healing properties in your body toward repairing problem skin.
* Encourages Healthy Changes – When you’re having trouble saying no to things you know aren’t healthy; like that double bacon burger, for instance. Detoxing the body can help you get over those cravings fast. And once you’re over those cravings you can start eating healthier.
* Improves Mental Clarity – You’d be surprised at how the additives in your food can affect your mind. If you feel a cloud is covering your brain function, you can lift it with a good detox. Some people claim that a good detox makes them a lot smarter and helps them figure out tough problems.
* Brings Life Back to Hair – Your hair needs nutrients that help make it look healthy. People who eat well and avoid chemicals can make their hair look amazing in just 90 days. Even water fasting, which eliminates chemicals and can often rid people of skin issues, can help improve the hair.
These benefits are sure to make you want to do a detox of some kind as soon as possible. And, the benefits listed really are only the tip of the iceberg. The reason is that each person is an individual with issues that no one else has. You may experience completely different benefits from detoxing the body than someone else. Always check with your doctor before doing anything.