I received from Zonderkidz a couple bibles that are gear for girls to review. I like them both as they were easy to read and understand at young girls age.
The first one is
Faithgirlz Bible, NIV By Nancy N. Rue
This special binding of the Faithgirlz! Bible, NIV offers a trendy and unique magnetic closure. Every girl wants to know she’s totally unique and special. This Bible says that with Faithgirlz! sparkle. Through the many in-text features found only in the Faithgirlz! Bible, NIV girls will grow closer to God as they discover the journey of a lifetime.
- Book introductions—Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book.
- Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story.
- Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself.
- Is There a Little(Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common.
- Words to Live By—check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing.
- What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words.
- Oh, I Get It!—Find answers to Bible questions you’ve wondered about.
- The complete New International Version (NIV).
- Features written by bestselling author and teen expert Nancy Rue.
Trendy is exactly what I think of upon opening this Bible. Most girls especially in this day and time want to fit in and what better way to do just that then to give or receive this beauty as a gift from a loved one. It has a beautiful cover that appeals to the 8 and up age range. It also has a special magnetic closure. The colors are bright and beautiful and any young girl would absolutely love to have this special Bible directed to girls only!
I did give this away to a little girl that needed a bible as I thought it was perfect for a 9 year old. She love it as it was easy for her to read and look nice to carry away.
NIV Bible For Teen Girls
The NIV Bible for Teen Girls, designed specifically for girls ages 13 to 18, is for real teenage girls with real lives. Packed with daily readings, highlighted promises of God, challenging insights, smart advice, and open discussion about the realities of life, this Bible is designed to help teen girls grow in faith, hope, and love. The NIV Bible for Teen Girls is as sincere about your walk with God as you are, helping you discover his will for all areas of your life, including relating to your family, dealing with friends, work, sports, guys, and so much more.
- Daily readings for teen girls by popular Christian female authors (Annie Downs, Bekah Hamrick Martin, Christine Caine, Crystal Kirgiss, Bethany Hamilton, Nicole Weider, Elsa Kok Colopy, Denise Van Eck and more)
- Character profiles of women in the Bible
- Book introductions for each book of the Bible
- Highlighted promises of God: verses worth remembering
- A concordance for help in finding verses
- The complete text of the bestselling New International Version (NIV) of the Bible
This Bible starts each book with an easy to understand introduction that tells a little about the book and when and where it was written. It also includes some of the main players. It also has devotions throughout.
Faithgirlz Bible, NKJV
Every girl wants to know she’s totally unique and special. This Bible says that with Faithgirlz sparkle. Through the many in-text features found only in the Faithgirlz Bible, girls will grow closer to God as they discover the journey of a lifetime.
• Book introductions—Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book
• Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story
• Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself
• Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common
• Words to Live By—Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing
• What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words
• Oh, I Get It!—Find answers to Bible questions you’ve wondered about
• The complete New King James Version (NKJV) translation
• Features written by bestselling author Nancy Rue
My favorite extras were the Is There a Little… section and the Bring It on pop ups throughout the Bible.
The Is There a Little sections are used to help girls see the characteristics they might have that are similar to a person in the Bible. It gives great insight to the personalities in the Bible as well as giving girls the confidence to be themselves.
The Bring It On sections are great ways to keep girls thinking. each one ask a multiple choice question. There is also a spot that asks them which answer they chose. Based on the answer they choose, it gives them scripture reference to go with that answer. There is no right or wrong answer to these necessarily, it simply makes girls think about the choices they make based on scripture.
You can buy this Bible’s at Amazon and Zondervan