If you are a mother searching for a fun toy that can help your crawling baby learn and develop, look no further than the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Crawl-Around Learning Centre. Toddlers will have a blast playing with this toy, which gives them plenty of hands on play activities that incorporate the use of sounds, songs, tunes and phrases. If this item sounds like a good toy for your little one, learn more about it by reading this Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Crawl-Around Learning Center review.
Features of the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Crawl-Around Learning Center
The Fisher-Price crawl around learning center consists of two double-sided square panels that stand vertically. Each surface is similar to a playing board where kids can engage in different activities. Electronic boards embedded inside the panels can playback over 200 sounds, phrases, songs, and tunes when baby initiates certain actions. An arch connects the two panels and when little ones crawl under it, they are treated with fun songs, music and other learning content.
Fisher Price incorporated what they call Smart Stages Technology in this learning center. This function lets parents choose a level with play activities that are ideal for their child. Level 1,”Explore” encourages exploration. This stage customizes the play activities so that kids ages 6 months and up can learn their first words and hear sounds that spark their curiosity. The second level, “Encourage”, is perfect for kids aged 1 and above. This stage prompts learning through simple directions and questions. When kids reach about 18-months old, parents can switch to the last level, “Pretend”, which is programmed to offer role-play games that promote imaginative fun.
As far as play activities are concerned, here is a rundown of what the double-sided panels have in store for your young one.
- Panel 1: Your toddler can learn shapes on this panel. He/she will have lots of fun removing the shaped pieces and sending them down the chute. This surface also lets your baby learn the alphabet, play with 4-illuminated light up piano keys or learn colors and body parts from the textured puppy drawing.
- Panel 2: The second panel has a dial pad that lets kids pretend to be making a phone call. Mom or dad can also record a personalized voice message for the baby. This panel features a light switch and drawings that introduce kids to the concept of opposites.
- Panel 3: On the third panel, there are lots of sensory play items. For example, your baby can look through a mirror to discover him/herself or play with the jumbo rattle roller, textured turtle and a fishbowl clicker.
- Panel 4: The last activity panel does not require batteries for kids to engage in play. It features a sliding window for playing peek-a-boo and customizable picture frames.
Is the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Crawl-Around Learning Center Worth Buying?
This Fisher Price learning center would make a great choice for parents interested in buying a toy that will grow with their toddler. From sitting, to crawling, to standing to cruising, this learning center will take your baby through important milestones during early development.
- Great learning toy that improves fine motor skills in kids
- Play activities also help children associate sounds with actions as well as learn colors and speech
- Customization play activities allow the learning center to grow with your baby
- The panels are designed with great attention to detail to stimulate the senses and imagination of children
- Study toy design can hold up to pulling from babies
- The learning center does not fold up for storage
- Some of the play panels require three AA batteries to operate. When the batteries are low, the volume or sound playback also becomes feeble.
It is clear to see that the benefits of Fisher Price’s Laugh & Learn craw-around learning center outweigh its drawbacks. This toy provides standing, crawling and talking practice for your little one. Overall, it is a fantastic “grow-with-me” toy and many parents say that their kids love the fun activities provided on the 4 play panels.