Tomato, Avocado and Black Bean Green Salad
This salad includes plenty of color and a variety of textures and tastes. The black beans give a boost of fiber and protein. This salad can certainly be varied in many ways. If you don't have all the ingredients, feel free to substitute for whatever you have on hand. It'll turn out great.
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 head red cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped into large pieces
- 1 tomato chopped into large pieces
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced length wise
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed
- 3 radishes halved
- few springs fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 handful shelled sunflower seeds
- Mix everything except the avocado in a bowl. When ready to serve, add a few slices of avocado to the top and use your favorite dressing.