National Picnic Day is on April 23rd this year and here some ideas on what to pack for your picnic. I plan to do a hike then a picnic with some of these items in my basket.
For the Adults
- Wine: Pack the picnic basket with a bottle of wine! Santa Margherita’s Sparkling Rose has a pink hue that introduces a subtle succession of floral fragrances lifted by white fruits and delicate hints of red berry fruits while offering a versatile drinking experience.
- Snack Olives: Know the kids gravitate to salty snacks over sweet ones? Pack up Gaea Olive Snack Packs! Full of authentic Greek Flavors, low-calorie, and containing zero additives, these are a perfect alternative to salty snacks this spring.
For the Kids
- Flavored Water: Stay hydrated! Fun for kids and smart for parents, AquaBall’s naturally flavored water is the only zero-sugar, zero-calorie, zero-preservative children’s beverage around. Available in four flavors, Berry Frost, Fruit Punch, Grape, and Strawberry Lemonade, and features fan favorite characters from Disney’s Frozen, Disney Princesses, Marvel’s Avengers, and Disney Classic Characters, the bottle alone will bring a smile to any kid’s face.
- Fruit Snacks: Both gluten-free and preservative-free, Go Organically® Fruit Snacks and Welch’s® Fruit Snacks taste delicious AND are an excellent source of Vitamins A and E.
For Everyone Else
- Granola: Cravings something sweet? Throw a treat like Viki’s Granola “on-the-go” Packs into your picnic basket that can be enjoyed guilt-free!
- Oatmeal Fruit Squeezes: Packed with wholesome whole grains & real fruit bites, Munk Pack’s ready-to-eat Oatmeal Fruit Squeezes are perfect as an on-the-go picnic snack. Even better, they are gluten-free, non-GMO, kosher and certified vegan.
- Flax Chia Seeds: Bringing yogurt for the day? Pack your picnic basket with protein-packed Carrington Farms Organic Milled Flax Paks for a unique superfood blend to sprinkle on top, and fight hunger!
- Popcorn: The Little Kernel, the newest popcorn brand on the market, is the perfect addition to any picnic! Not only is this a delicious treat perfect for everyone to enjoy, but also a better-for-you snack that has a unique, hulless, “miniature kernel.” Popped in 100% pure olive oil, each popcorn is gluten-free, non-GMO, dairy-free, kosher and certified whole grains.
- Pasta: Whip up a quick, easy and nutritious pasta salad with Explore Cuisine, an alternative pasta brand that integrates beans, peas, lentils, and rice to provide you with nourishing meals which are easy, quick, colorful, and simply delicious! All Explore Cuisine products are vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO and jam packed with nutrients.
- Sparkling Water: Stay hydrated with Sparkling Ice! An excellent soda alternative, Sparkling Ice is slightly carbonated with B-Vitamins, Vitamin D and antioxidants. This light and refreshing beverage is the perfect addition to any picnic, containing zero calories, zero carbs, and is gluten free and sodium free.